Monday 15 April 2013

Evaluation: Question Two:

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

For my digipak I started off with five different designs, from these five I asked the audience for their two favourites, then I used the three most popular. For the front cover I took three different images that were all very similar as the only difference between them was the background. All the images where taken on my phone and they still looked clear and professional. Straight away I created the first and final design of my digipak, using the audience feedback to design the layout of the digipak and what images would be used. I had the artist wear the strait jacket on both images of him on the digipak which linked to the music video, the background of the front image is also the lyrics of the song that I used for my music video is also a link. As well as that, throughout the digipak there is a heart monitor which is supposed to represent the artist receiving his treatment, which again is a representation of the music video and the back image is supposed to look similar to the first shot in the video.

For my magazine advert I used the same image as the front image on the front of the digipak. I created three different designs where two of them were based on existing magazine adverts. As well as the main image on both, the text on both the magazine advert and the digipak were the same too so you could see that they were for the same artist and were of the same style.

To see how I created my digipak and magazine advert in full detail, please click on the following links:

-DigiPak

-Magazine Advert

A lot of the audience feedback that I recieved, when asked about whether the ancillary texts go with the music video, everyone said yes and agreed, which implies that all together, the combination of all three; the music video, the digipak and the advert work well together and all link in with each other.

The link between the music video and the digipak is the image used on the back cover.

The image for the back of the cover was inspired by the shot above^^

 






 I then got Nathan to do the same pose on a background that I made with Rachel, I then took that image and put it on the front cover so that the link was within all three of my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment